Thursday, December 10, 2009

Giving Thanks~

Sometimes we all find ourselves stuck in a rut... a time where stresses and worries can be consuming and can inhibit positive thinking and being grateful for what we have.  It is at times like these that it's even more important to give thanks for all that we have.

So... I'm going to do just that with a little list, in random order, of some things in my life that I am extremely thankful for.

~a friend that lives across the country that I only get to see twice a year (if I'm lucky!).  She  is not only a wonderful friend that I can talk to about anything and everything without being judged... she is also a fantastic mom, wife, and general all-around person.  Our phone dates are one of my favorite things to look forward to each week!

~snow days!  Unexpected moments that allow me to catch up on things that I haven't had time for and to snuggle in at home while the snow falls.

~having a stable job during this economic time.  The kids may drive me nuts and cause me even more gray hairs (especially the 7th graders this year!), but I'm lucky to be able to do something that I love.... teach and build relationships with my students.

~a husband that also has a stable job.  He is one of the hardest, most dedicated workers I know, and I'm proud of him for that!

~a brave, strong, positive Mom and role model for me and Anne.  She is a fighter and accepts all that life brings her way with a positive attitude and laughter.  I'm also thankful that her breast cancer was caught in the early stages again... thank goodness for mamograms! 

~Ruby.  This dog provides me with so much entertainment, fun, and laughter.  Constant companion, joyful playmate, loyal friend.  LOVE her!

~friends... those that I have just met and the ones that have been around for a while and know me so well.

~owning a home that we LOVE and that we can afford. :)

~two vehicles that get us where we need to go safely, in good weather and bad (and that are almost paid off... finally!)

~my dad's workshop... a place where he can relax, get his mind off of stresses, hang out with the boys (Matt and Kellen) and enjoy doing something he loves.

~a husband that loves to cook and cooks for me more than I do for him most of the time.

~all of the sweet babies that have come into my life and that are yet to make an appearance.  Love being "Aunt Jill!"

.... and so, so much more, too numerous to list.  I am a lucky girl! :) 

1 comment:

  1. You totally just made my day :)! I love you so much!!! I am thankful for the wonderful random suprises the internet brings, and the beautiful people that make them possible!

    ReplyDelete