Tuesday, August 26, 2014
A Day in the Life...
{Living with an almost 9 month old & almost 3 year old}
7:15- Finley got out of bed and came into our bedroom. Matt was getting dressed and ready for work and I was still sleeping. She talked to Daddy, went potty, and pet Ruby for a while.
7:30- Ellie started to wake up (she slept from 8:00pm until now... after nights of waking up once or twice for weeks due to teething, this is heaven!). Matt brought her into our room. I turned on "Wild Kratts" for Finley while I brought Elle back to her room to nurse her. She does not eat well if her big sis (or any other distractions) is around. She only ate for about 5 minutes before Finley joined us. I kept trying to feed her, knowing that she must be starving from her long stretch of sleep, but Miss Busy-body wasn't having it. Ellie and Finley both got dressed for the day and we headed downstairs.
8:00-9:00- Ellie bounced in the bouncer while I made Finley's breakfast and emptied the dishwasher. Finley followed me around the kitchen and watched some "Curious George." Ellie played on the blanket with some toys for a little bit while I helped Finley eat her oatmeal. I threw a load of laundry in the washer. Ellie ate some prunes (she doesn't have a huge appetite for her food in the morning and usually only eats 1/2 of what she'd eat at lunch or dinner) while I ate my breakfast.
9:00-9:30- The girls played on the floor in the living room- with stacking cups, Ellie's activity table, and Finley's purse.
9:30- I turned on some classic Mickey Mouse cartoons for Finley on Netflix and gave her strict instructions to stay downstairs and not bother Mommy while I fed and put Ellie down for a nap. Finley started to sneak upstairs after about 20 minutes or so and whispered to me from the stairs. Ellie ate well and dozed so I was able to put her down in her crib to nap.
10:00-10:30- I jumped in the shower while Finley played in the pillows on our bed. I could hear Ellie blabbing on the monitor when I got in- guess she's not napping this morning. Finley played with her blankies and Buzz and WhoWho and laid on Ruby's bed saying, "Tummy sick. Too much juice." Once I was dressed and ready I got Ellie up since she never quieted back down.
10:30-11:45- We went to the Grandville Library and Farmer's Market. Ellie rode in the stroller the whole time while Finley and I picked out some veggies and blueberries. Finley helped me return our pile of books and played at the activity tables set up in the kid's section while I chose some new books. Finley was equally interested in trying to engage with the adults as she was with the other kids. She really enjoyed an interactive "Little Critter" book that was set up on one of the computers. As we were leaving, Finley played outside with the water tables and sprinkling cans.
12:00-12:30- Lunch time. Ellis played in the pack-n-play while I got lunch ready. Finley was pretty grumpy and demanding about what she wanted for lunch today. She didn't end up eating much of her blueberries, crackers, or cheese but ate all of her pickle and peanuts. Her whining and demands made it apparent that she was pretty tired; she said she wanted to read books in bed so once Ellie had finished her prunes from this morning and squash,we headed upstairs.
12:45-1:00- We read books in Finley's bed. Ellie was busy flapping and trying to grab at the books and Finley's toys. Finley was busy trying to reprimand Ellie for everything and yelling at Mommy. I rushed through the books so I could get both girls to bed.
1:00-1:45- I nursed Ellie and she eventually started to doze. After initially being bothered by Finley yelling about her clock not being in the right spot and needing another hug, she was quiet and fell right to sleep. Ellie was put to bed next.
1:45- I mopped the floors, changed the laundry, and cleaned up around the house.
2:15- Ellis is making noise already. Ugh! I rock and snuggle her a few minutes and then put her down again.
2:45- Ellis has been crying in her bed which woke Finley up who is yelling "Quiet" at Ellie and shrieking my name. I tell Finley that she needs to stay quiet in her bed until her clock turns green and try nursing and rocking Ellis again.
3:10- Finley's clock is green, Ellis is whining in her bed again, everyone is up. Ellis plays with toys on the blanket, works on reaching for things. Finn refuses to do anything independently- I get out crayons, stickers, paint, etc. but she only wants my undivided attention and won't play by herself. She's been super clingy since we began potty training- the lack of independence is frustrating at this point. I love hugs and snuggles SO much (and remind myself not to take them for granted because one day she'll want none of that) but I'd love it if she would entertain herself for a bit.
4:20- Ellis is rubbing her eyes. I turn on Mickey Mouse for Finley yet again and bring Ellis upstairs to nurse and hopefully nap. Finley leaves us alone for about 10 minutes and then comes upstairs to try to get my attention. Ellie dozes and hopefully stays asleep this time.
4:50- Ellis is not taking a nap today. She joins us downstairs.
5:00- Daddy is home- Hooray! I ask him for a 10 minute child-free break so he takes the girls upstairs with him while he changes out of his work clothes. I relax on the couch in the quiet for a short time.
5:30-9:00- We drive to Plainwell to meet Grandpa and Barbara for dinner. Ellis is wide awake playing in the car the whole time, Finley is near tears because she has to go potty. We have a wonderful meal together (Ellis sits in a high chair at the table with us for the first time and is super busy) and get ice cream together afterwards. Wonderful family time.
9:00-10:00- Bedtime. Daddy helps Finley use the potty one last time, change into pj's, and brush her teeth. After a good night kiss and hug from me, they go read a book or two in bed and Daddy falls asleep with her tonight. I get Ellie changed and nurse her; she is one sleepy baby! She immediately rolls onto her side in her crib (a sign that she is out for the (hopefully) night). I clean up a few things downstairs (Ruby ate a crayon box while we were out- just the box, not the crayons) and get ready for bed.
{documented so that, years from now, I can recall what life was like when the girls are this age}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment