Monday, September 14, 2015

Our Day in 2015

September 14, 2015 (Finley is a month shy of 4 years old, Ellie is 21 months)

6:00- Finley wakes up coughing and sobbing in her bed.  She's come down with an awful cold overnight (Ugh!  She starts preschool tomorrow). We get her a glass of water, some tylenol for her sore throat, and I lay with her, hoping she can fall back asleep.

6:50- I'm up!  Have to get showered and dressed before the neighbor girls come over.

7:15-7:50- Maya and Marisela come over before school, eat cereal, and watch some tv.

7:30- Ellis is up!  She is very sleepy and snuggly still and has a very runny nose.  Boo.

8:00- Ellis makes her way to the pantry and repeats, "Snack Mommy," over and over again.  She wants a Nutri-Grain bar and sits in her high chair to eat and drink some water.

8:15- Finley comes downstairs, in pretty good spirits compared to two hours ago.  She settles in at her little table and eats pancakes while watching "Strawberry Shortcake."  She asks for "mitamins" to "help her sick" and of course Ellis must have one too.

9:00-12:00- Normally we run errands or have a morning outing but because both girls have runny noses, we're sticking close to home today. We watch "The Incredibles." Finley curls up on my lap on the couch while Ellis either snuggles on the couch with us or goes back and forth between getting toys and watching the movie.  I do a couple loads of laundry, the girls get dressed for the day (Ellis actually goes upstairs by herself during the movie and brings a handful of clothes downstairs from her dresser and says"dressed."  This is a first), and they play with books and toys in their bedrooms.

12:30- Lunch time. The girls both eat pretty well.  Ellis doesn't want to eat her green peppers and throws one angrily on the floor for Ruby to eat.  I tell her she has to eat a pepper if she wants a cheeto. She whines and yells about it, but when I ask her to look at Finley eating her green pepper and making a good choice, she decides to copy big sister.

1:00- Lots of laundry to fold.  Both girls either try to "help" or try on clean clothes.  After a huge fit (are the terrible two's starting already?!), it is time for Ellis to nap.

1:30- Ellis has to be carried upstairs screaming because she wants to keep playing with her baby doll.  I am able to distract her with books, we sing some songs ("Sunshine," "Night Night," and "Twinkle"), and she goes down for a nap. Finley plays "Crossy Road" on the iPad on the couch while I put Ellis down.

2:00- Finley and I read a book in her bed and I set her clock, telling her that her body needs to sleep since she's sick and starts school tomorrow.  We'll see....

3:30- While the girls are sleeping I try to rest myself.  Finley calls out for me three times before her clock turns green.  She needs more tissues.  There's something sticky stuck to her blanket.  She wants to read books.  Luckily she doesn't wake up her sister.  She comes into my bed and plays on the iPad for a little bit.

4:00- Ellie is awake.  Snack time. The girls play together and both want to help me feed Ruby her dinner.  We go on the deck to play in the sunshine.  Finn and Ellis play kitchen and with their Little People while I unload the dishwasher and get dinner ready.

5:30- Dinner time.  Just the girls eat since Matt's not home till later and I want to run first.  Ellis eats right away and Finley must be prompted over and over again to keep eating.  They finally finish and enjoy popsicles out on the deck.

6:30- Bath time.  They play well tonight- no whining or fighting. Yay!

7:25- Matt gets home from work.  I go for a run while he takes over.

7:45- Matt puts Ellie to bed.  They read three books before her bottle.  She's a sleepy girl.

8:00- Matt puts Finley to bed and they read two books together.  I take a shower and then lay with Finley for a few minutes.  She complains that it's hard to fall asleep because of her runny nose.  I sing a couple songs to her and she starts yawning like crazy.  One last snuggle for the night.  I hope both girls feel well enough to be able to sleep well through the night.  Poor toots!

No comments:

Post a Comment